BHP Western Australia Iron Ore is looking at options for the greenfield development of the Western Ridge site, near Mt Whaleback, West of Newman.
The company wants to understand the capacity and capability of local contractors for the proposed project and is using ICN Gateway to call for expressions of interest.
While the project is in study phase, and the scope and timelines may change, main construction is expected to start in 2023.
The proposed project includes establishing mining operations at Western Ridge and construction of associated process and non-infrastructure including:
- primary crushing facility
- overland conveyor system with transfer station
- radial stacker
- bulk hopper facility
- civil and bulk earthworks
- high voltage overhead powerline and low voltage power reticulation
- water infrastructure and distribution services
- wireless communications infrastructure
- facilities such as offices, ablutions and construction accommodation.
BHP has minimum health, safety, environment, community and business conduct requirements for all suppliers. Companies interested in supplying key goods and services to the Western Ridge Project, should ensure they meet these requirements.
For more information, or to register an expression of interest, go to the Western Ridge Gateway page.